We Know Torrent Privacy
Learn how toprotect yourself.
1. Torrent Privacy Basics
- The Safe Torrent Guide: A complete guide covering all aspects of torrent privacy, torrent monitoring, and how to protect yourself.
- VPN Logs (what you need to know): The different types of logs VPNs (may) keep and how to choose a logless service.
- The truth about PeerBlock: Why blocklists are basically worthless
- VPN vs. Proxy: Which tool is better for torrenting? It depends, but they’re better together.
- Torrent Encryption Guide: Learn to encrypt your torrents (free and paid methods) to prevent ISP throttling and monitoring.
- What if you torrent without a VPN? We examine the risks and realities of torrenting without protection
2. Privacy Tools & Reviews
3. Setup Guides
4. Country guides & advanced topics
Frequently asked questions
Torrent swarms from public trackers are visible to anyone with an internet connection. Researchers estimate that your IP address is logged within minutes of downloading a popular torrent. File-sharers are being targeted based on their IP address for harassment, threats and lawsuits.
Torrent activity is tracked in 2 ways:
- Via your public IP address in torrent swarms (visible to everyone)
- Direct monitoring of your internet connection (by your Internet Service Provider).
The high-quality VPN services we recommend on this site all come with their own easy-to-use software.
Simply choose a server location and click connect. The VPN will do all the hard work behind the scenes, changing your IP address and encrypting all of your internet traffic with extremely strong encryption.